You have just arrived from a long voyage on your waka. Explain what happens as you approach the shore near your village. Be sure to use lots of detail (adjectives) to SHOW your reader what you are seeing.
- What do you see? The people around the wakas
- What is everyone doing? Sitting around the wakas
- What do you smell? I can smell sea salt and fish
- What do you hear? The crashing waves and the deep blue sea
- What is the weather like? A nice fogey and cloudy day
- How does it make you feel to be among these people? Nice
In each box below, write three sentences about what you see in each picture.
Describe where you went in your waka.
A island with nice maori people on it
I see the big gaint mountain all the away at the
Back of the bay it looks very grassy and i see smoke near the mountain
The special maori leader. that looks after. all the people. in the bay probely the dog
Maori people. uesing their fire. to help them cook the fried bread .